This decision entered into force on January 1, 2018, and based on the information provided by the ACRA Credit Bureau to the State Revenue Committee under the Government of the Republic of Armenia about the interest paid by the given borrower during the reporting quarter, in the amount of interest paid for the servicing of the mortgage loan, provided for in the annex to this decision provision for compensation of income tax amounts paid by individuals, from January 1, 2019.
The SRC presents the list of documents that need to be submitted for the return of income tax in the amount of interest paid on a mortgage loan for the first time. The documents need to be submitted in person or by email.
It is necessary to apply for confirmation of the right to benefit from the income tax refund defined by Article 160 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Armenia. The borrower should submit the following documents and their photocopies to the tax authority attached to the application:
- Identity document of the applicant,
- Borrower’s public service number or reference number for not having a public service number, AVCH (if available),
- the original mortgage loan agreement or a notarized copy of that agreement, the repayment schedule of the mortgage loan agreement, and the state registration certificate of ownership of the mortgaged property (or the right to purchase real estate from the building under construction or the right to develop the property) acquired within the framework of the mortgage agreement,
- a certificate issued by the developer stating that the apartment or individual residential house was purchased (brought) directly from the developer, or a permit for the construction of an individual residential house,
- contract of sale of a house or an individual residential house or the right to purchase real estate from a building under construction or the original of the contract to acquire the right to construct an apartment.